Get Help

How to get help

If you need help from our foodbank there are a few simple steps to follow.

If you are in food crisis and are struggling to feed your family we want to help you.

We work through referral agencies who will issue an E-Voucher to us at the food bank. We will then contact you on Tues, or Thu between 10 and 12 to arrange delivery or collection of your food parcel.

To get a Foodbank E-Voucher you can:

  1. Ring our Helping through Hardship Helpline 08082082138 for free (open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). You’ll confidentially talk to a trained Citizens Advice agent and, if needed, they’ll issue you with a food bank voucher.
  2. Contact referral agencies such as Social services / housing support / school to ask for a voucher. Then they will let us know you need a food parcel.
  3. Contact the Job Centre. If you are on Universal Credit please go into your UC journal and tell your job coach that you need a food parcel and also give them permission to talk to us. They will then let us know that you need a food parcel.

Also please note that we only cover the following Postcodes:

BD6, BD12, BD13 & BD19.

If you are not in these postcodes please visit to see what other food banks can help you!

If you are a local organisation or charity that works with people who might need the food bank, please contact us directly.

If you have any further questions our Frequently Asked Questions page may help, or feel free to contact us

Back to Get Help