Wyke Foodbank are pleased to announce that we will be reopening in a new, COVID-Safe way on Tuesday and Thursdays from W/C 25th October 2020
This will look very different to how it has done in the past. Please read the steps below to find out how you can access this provision or donate to it.
- Clients MUST obtain an e. voucher from one of our referral agencies (call us for more details of these) or by calling Citizen’s Advice Bureau on freephone 0808 2082138, before a food parcel will be allocated.
- NO clients will be permitted entry to the HUB due to COVID-safe practices at this time. Please call 07941380420 if you need to speak to someone at the Foodbank.
- Our volunteer drivers will deliver all food parcels directly to the client’s address, where someone will be required to receive the items. Please note that food parcels will not be left on the doorstep if clients are out.
- Donations of non-perishable good will continue to be taken at
- Wyke ASDA and B&M stores (in the baskets provided)
- Local Wyke churches (in the baskets provided or via the relevant minister)
- Directly at the HUB during allocated time slots (please contact the Foodbank to arrange a time slot – 07941380420).
- Donations in monetary form can be accepted directly by the Foodbank, please call to arrange how this can be done – 07941380420
The volunteers running the Foodbank will be operational Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 2pm, but the cut off for e. referrals being received, for each day’s deliveries will be 12noon. After that point any e. referrals received will be actioned and the delivery made at the following session.
Please not that we work off the rule that 3 parcels maximum will be given in a 6-month period and that we cover the postal areas of BD6, BD11, BD12, BD13 and BD19.